Planning your study options in Australia

Visa Information

Student Visa (Subclass 500)

This visa is for students who want to come to Australia to study at a registered education institution.

  • You can study a CRICOS registered full-time course in Australia.
  • Eligible family members can accompany you to Australia.

Before you apply for this visa, you must have been accepted to study full-time at an educational institution in Australia

For details visit https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500

Summary of Document Checklist

  • a copy of passport with at least 6 months validity
  • A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for all intended courses if applying outside Australia.
  • Evidence of adequate health insurance. Health insurance must be Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It is advisable that you must obtain OSHC for yourself and any accompanying dependents from at least 1 week before your course starts and 2 months after your course ends.
  • You must provide sufficient funds to cover your travel costs and 12 months of living and tuition fees for you and your accompanying family members and school costs for any school aged dependents.
  • Must provide evidence that you have obtained a satisfactory test score in an English language test IELTS / OET / PTE etc.
  • Evidence to show that you meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement for a student visa. This must include a statement in your application form that you intend to stay in Australia temporarily and/or documentation to support claims. The statement must be written by the applicant even if using an agent.