Message from the CEO
Lawson College Australia is a dynamic and progressive organisation with a focus on the educational and career aspirations of each student, and the current and future work force planning needs of industry.
Lawson College Australia works in partnership with industry leaders to ensure that courses undertaken equip students with ‘job ready skills’ and confidence in their abilities to work at the level required on completion.
To meet this aim, it’s our priority that our students are:
- Academically excellent
- Accustomed to culture diversity
- Flexible and have transferable skills
- Motivated global citizens; and
- Job ready.
I assure you will be well prepared for work in Australia or overseas on completion of your qualification at Lawson College Australia.
As CEO and Director of Lawson College Australia, it is my great pleasure to welcome you, and work with you in achieving your educational and professional goals. Please come and be involved in the Lawson College Australia educational experience and see where the journey takes you!
CEO & Director
Message from the Executive Dean
Greetings! At Lawson College Australia, your success is our aim.
Government recognised programs offered by us, are relevant to industry and delivered in our supportive and friendly environment. Our well qualified teaching staff with current industry experience will assist you in achieving success in your chosen field.
I extend a warm invitation to you to contact us to discuss how we can assist you in achieving your aims. Sincere best wishes for your future.
About Lawson College
Address the critical skills shortages to create a sustainable future.
• We promote respect and support for all our students, staff and stakeholders and commend individual efforts and
• We believe in continuous quality improvement
• We are committed to fostering and nurturing strategic associations and partnerships
• We are committed to lifelong learning and sustainable future
• Identifying the skills shortage areas and engaging the industry professionals to develop the need
based education and training strategies
• Build business frameworks within domestic and international markets
• Grow and develop future markets locally and internationally
• Ensure the sound governance and the financial viability of Lawson College
Lawson College Australia derived its name from one of the leading writers of Australia’s colonial period Mr Henry Lawson.
Henry Lawson was born on June 17, 1867, in Grenfell, Australia. He wrote short stories and ballad-like poems, illuminating the lives of rural, working Australians. Lawson is often called “Australia’s greatest writer.” Inspired by the riots against the monarchy during Queen Victoria’s jubilee, Lawson wrote “A Song of the Republic,” which appeared in the Bulletin. Lawson also published a famous poetry volume “In the Days When the World Was Wide” and the popular short story collection “While the Billy Boils” in 1896. Henry Lawson died on September 2, 1922 and was proclaimed as one of Australia’s leading literary figures. He was even given a state funeral, which was attended by a number of prominent leaders and officials.