How to Apply for your Student Visa subclass 500 – Step by Step information

Refrence: https://www.studyaustralia.gov.au/en/plan-your-move/visa-application-process.html

Step by Step Information

Step 1: Letter of Offer

  • If your course application is successful, you will receive a Letter of Offer from Lawson College Australia (LCA).
  • Read the Letter of Offer carefully before you accept it. It will include your course details, enrolment conditions, and fees you will need to pay if you accept the offer.
  • Make sure that you understand your Letter of Offer or seek independent advice in understanding your letter of offer, including the refund arrangements.
  • Do not accept the Letter of Offer if you are not happy with any of its terms.
  • Keep a copy of the Letter of Offer.

Step 2: Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)

  • A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is a Department of Education document that will be issued by LCA that verifies your enrolment in a specific course. The CoE is generally issued after you have accepted your Letter of Offer.
  • You may be required to include a copy of your CoE in your student visa application so that the Australian Government has proof that you are registered in your declared course.

Please note: Concurrent CoEs will no longer be issued. If you choose to change your course from a higher education degree to a vocational education and training course, you must meet all student visa requirements.

Step 3: Proof of English proficiency

You may need to supply a certificate of results from an approved English language test such as IELTS or PTE. This certificate will prove to the Australian Government that you meet the minimum English proficiency levels needed to succeed in your course.

Step 4: Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement

  • In the online student visa application form, you will need to write a statement in English and provide supporting documents that show you meet the genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement.
  • The written statement should be detailed so as to assist the visa officer to assess the merits of your student visa application. You will also need to attach supporting documents to your application in your ImmiAccount.
  • For details on what to include in your GTE and what documents to provide, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
  • The GTE requirement is not intended to exclude students who, after studying in Australia, develop skills Australia needs and then go on to apply for another visa.

Step 5: Proof of sufficient funds

  • To meet the requirements for a student visa, you must prove that you have enough money to support yourself throughout your stay. For more information on the minimum required funds, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
  • Living costs vary throughout Australia and may be higher than what is needed for your visa application. We recommend you research the area you intend to live, including the cost of living in that area.

Step 6: Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

As an international student in Australia, you must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your stay. If you don’t provide proof that you have this insurance, your student visa application will be refused.

OSHC will help you:

  • pay for medical or hospital care while studying in Australia,
  • pay for most prescription medicines, and
  • provide you with ambulance cover in emergencies.

Step 7: Health requirement

  • The Australian Government requires all international students to be in good health before entering the country. As a result, you may need to undergo a health examination to meet the student visa health requirement.
  • You can use the My Health Declaration service to complete any required health examinations before submitting your visa application.

Step 8: Character requirement

There are also certain character requirements that you must meet if you want to study in Australia. In your application, you’ll have to answer some basic questions about your character and past conduct. In some cases, you may need to provide a police background check.

Step 9: Apply using ImmiAccount

  • The Department of Home Affairs website outlines all the requirements for a student visa. You apply online using ImmiAccount.
  • You do not need an agent to lodge a student visa application. If you want professional immigration assistance with your visa application, use a registered migration agent or a legal practitioner.
  • Only certain people can give immigration assistance in Australia. An education agent is someone who can assist you with your options for studying in Australia. An education agent who is not a registered migration agent or a legal practitioner and cannot lawfully give you immigration assistance in Australia.

Step 10: Check travel requirements

You can stay up to date with the latest travel requirements.

Stay up to date: This information above may change. Check the Department of Home Affair’s Student visa website for the most up-to-date information on how to apply for a Student visa.